Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Hobart g400 Spec.4503a w\ Chrysler 225

I just purchased a Hobart G-400 Spec.4503a w\ Chrysler 225 from my father-in-laws friend (john). The motor run great but it won't weld. John said that it welded for about a minute then quit, he does not have the time to fix it thinks it might be switch. john got it as an extra piece of equipment at an auction. I've owned a handler 120 for adout a year and getting pretty good with smaller stuff and bought a stickman 205 about two months ago, starting to get the hang of it. I'm a good mechanic (not speller) and know i can get it going if i can find some info. (owners manual, wiring diagram,. ect.) and thought this would be the place. Any info. would be very helpful i won't work on anything if i don't know anything about it.

thanks,

jeff johnson

Go to "Owners Manuals" at the top of the page and click the link for older manuals. Will probably cost you $15, but should be well worth it.

Tried that........

I tried that and they said they didn't carry them anymore, but gave me three phone # to try and after a few hours of merry-go-round i came here to try.

thank i'm still looking for info.

jeff

ck. the brushes to make sure one of them isnt hung up in the holders.

up and welding......

Thanks for the advice. i pulled the cover and all the bushings were down , but you see that it has been sitting awhile. stuff was curroted (misspelled). Cleaned it up and she works perfect. Thanks again.

Glad I could help.

T.E.C.-Nick Guest

Exclamation Hobart instruction manual G300 and G400

Hi , i have the owners manual for the hobart G300, G400 specification 4808 , got the parts numbers, wire chart ect.... if you need some information, i'll be here.
    Last edited by T.E.C.-Nick; 06-13-2006 at 02:59 PM.

T.E.C Nick any chance you could upload or email the wiring chart for the g400 i'd most certanly would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by T.E.C.-Nick View Post
    Hi , i have the owners manual for the hobart G300, G400 specification 4808 , got the parts numbers, wire chart ect.... if you need some information, i'll be here.
    If you have an owners manual for a G300 with a chrysler 6 cylinder I would a like a copy either by PDF and e-mail or by a fax.Please let me know what it would cost and what would be the best way to send it. I need a wiring diagram and parts list for sure but would take the whole manual if you have the ability to make a copy. Thanks Nick. Get back to me when you can.
    Last edited by TJWANNER; 12-30-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Manual

Can I get you to email,fax or mail me a copy of everything you have I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee for this. Please get back to me . Thanks

Smile G300 MAnual

Tjwanner@sasktel.net
    Quote Originally Posted by TJWANNER View Post
    Can I get you to email,fax or mail me a copy of everything you have I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee for this service. Please get back to me as soon as you can. Thanks I would really appreciate it.

Need Manuals Please Help !! 1968 Hobart G400 with ford inline 6

Hey Nick, I was wondering if you still had any manuals covering the G400.....The identification is missing from mine, the 6 cylinder ford engine Dates to 1968, so im guessing this is close to the year. I think the one I have is old military. Really would appreciate if I could purchase a copy from you, or if any leads!! If you have a way to send it email, with electrical schematics, etc. Thanks

mechanix247@yahoo.com

G-400 Spec 5275

G-400 Plate.jpgChry Ind Plate.jpg

Can anyone tell me the year this G-400 was built? From the characteristics of certain engine parts I've narrowed it down to 1970 to 1974. From the data plate info can anyone get closer? Thanks.

Jim T,
    You unit was produced April 17, 1971.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
    Jim T,
    You unit was produced April 17, 1971.

Keith
    Thanks Keith! That'll make getting engine parts easier.