Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Handler 190

Quote Originally Posted by Northweldor View Post
    Miller Lincoln, Bernard, Esab, all have good articles on FCAW, that will help a beginner to fully realize good FCAW ability. There are a few videos that aren't bad, but none have the filters Jodie uses at Welding Tips and tricks.
    The Lincoln one is about the best, I think.
    What I meant was, that if you get good at flux-core, you can use self shielded and dual shield wire to use all of the capability of your machine, rather than being stuck with the the limited range of jobs and conditions you can work with only using mig capability.
    Yes, I have been practicing with the Flux-core that came with the machine and am surprised how well it works. When I have the right settings of course.

Although I will more than likely change to MIG, because I will be inside, its good to have that knowledge.

BTW, This machine rocks! I'm a "Hobart" Man now.

Quote Originally Posted by nonstopgo68 View Post
    Yes, I have been practicing with the Flux-core that came with the machine and am surprised how well it works. When I have the right settings of course.

Although I will more than likely change to MIG, because I will be inside, its good to have that knowledge.

BTW, This machine rocks! I'm a "Hobart" Man now.
    With settings, remember that, as with stick electrodes, with a larger diameter, you have to keep your amperage up, so you are going to be setting your voltage range and your wire-feed speed higher than you would with solid core wire. I also think that the extra amperage is required to melt that flux core and make up for the "hollow" arc.