Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Airforce 500I citter head

Hi Everyone, new to the forum. I recently pick up a new Hobart Airforce 500I for my home shop at a extremely reasonable price. This is my first Hobart and appears to be a well made machine. My only complaint is I don't care for the cutter head. Not happy with the way it feels in the hand. Also, there doesn't appear to be a drag cutter shield made for the HP-50 torch. So I'm looking for some guidance from the more experienced Hobart crowd. Is there a aftermarket torch head, equipped with a drag cutter shield that will work with the Hobart 500I. Thanks In advance!

MaxDog...

MaxDog, welcome to the forum.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast PA 200

You can purchase an XT30R torch and consumables. This torch is a direct replacement for the HP-50 that will fit the 500i. The part# is 268921 and is available from Miller. However, torch handle ergonomics are similar to the HP50.

Keith

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hobart Expert Keith View Post
    You can purchase an XT30R torch and consumables. This torch is a direct replacement for the HP-50 that will fit the 500i. The part# is 268921 and is available from Miller. However, torch handle ergonomics are similar to the HP50.

Keith
    Thank You Keith, I appreciate that information. At least the XT30R torch can be fitted with a drag shield!