Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: subarc help

subarc help

hey guys i have a question for you all out there
    im using a linclon 1000 subarc with 5/32 subcor em13k-s mod wire and swx 120 flux
    im going to be welding 2.5inch thick vessels and i did a couple test coupons and the first couple passes the flux was really hard to get off im running 60 wire and 33volts 18ipm travel (i dont have amp control just can see the meter)but the amps are around 450 and fill around 70wire 33volts and its around 525amps and 18ipm travel speed.
    after a couple passes the flux comes off easy, what can i do to make the first couple passes do the same more volts, amps, travel speed

thanks to everyone who can help me with my problem

Quote Originally Posted by welderbeau View Post
    hey guys i have a question for you all out there
    im using a linclon 1000 subarc with 5/32 subcor em13k-s mod wire and swx 120 flux
    im going to be welding 2.5inch thick vessels and i did a couple test coupons and the first couple passes the flux was really hard to get off im running 60 wire and 33volts 18ipm travel (i dont have amp control just can see the meter)but the amps are around 450 and fill around 70wire 33volts and its around 525amps and 18ipm travel speed.
    after a couple passes the flux comes off easy, what can i do to make the first couple passes do the same more volts, amps, travel speed

thanks to everyone who can help me with my problem
    First, what does your WPS say? Second, you should only modify what conforms to your WPS. Third, your descripyion sounds as though preheating may solve the problem, if allowed by WPS.