Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I put a switch on the wire feed of my MM175, I kinda like it. Never put one on the PM215 tho. I get by fine either way. Nice little option but not essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
    Guess I misunderstand stood the meaning of the word "purge" , I though it was to release the gas between regulator and gas valve in welder...

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/purge?s=t

Dale
    And now you know better! :-) It's what Hobart calls their setting to allow for the setting of the gas flow. I didn't make it up. No matter the purpose, it does "purge" the gas.
    - Darell
    HH190, Hypertherm Cutmaster 38, Lincoln Viking 3350 4C helmet, TurnPro 7x12 Horiz bandsaw. DeWalt portable bandsaw with SWAG stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I put a switch on the wire feed of my MM175, I kinda like it. Never put one on the PM215 tho. I get by fine either way. Nice little option but not essential.
    Exactly how I feel about it. If I can quickly isolate the drive roll motor connection, I'll do it. If not, I won't. And I'm pretty sure I'll be fine either way too. :-)
    - Darell
    HH190, Hypertherm Cutmaster 38, Lincoln Viking 3350 4C helmet, TurnPro 7x12 Horiz bandsaw. DeWalt portable bandsaw with SWAG stand

whenever i need to mess with the gas i just flip the spool gun switch which turns the wire off. of course that still requires opening the side and can be annoying in tight spaces but generally not an issue for me