Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 200DX warranty!

200DX warranty!

I sent my machine in for repair going on 2 months now. I was told 2 weeks ago it was 3rd in line on the bench. Today I was told ,it is scheduled to be looked at. This process has been very smooth going up til now. What is the most concerning to me,is I purchased the machine 2 years ago,but have only used it less than 15 minutes. When I needed to use it, it stopped working ,and now it's been nearly 2 months and still have no machine. I am thinking I should have spent the money and got a miller.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
    References:https://www.everlastgenerators.com/f...200DX-warranty!

Explainer Video Example

I don't know were you are located but that is one of the trouble's with getting a machine from the west cost if you have trouble it's going to take some time, good luck.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast PA 200

Everlast machines are manufactured in China... Do you suppose it had to be shipped to China for repairs?

Dale
    Lives his life vicariously through his own self.

So this was an Everlast machine? Am I the only one confused by the title and post?

Not only is the Miller worth it for reliability, but when something does go wrong, there are qualified repair centers throughout the country. Even when out of warranty, Miller guys at least know how to fix them and can get the parts.

I sent my machine in for repair going on 2 months now. I was told 2 weeks ago it was 3rd in line on the bench. Today I was told ,it is scheduled to be looked at. This process has been very smooth going up til now....
    That made me laugh. Replace "This process..." with "Their line of BS..."
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-30-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victorgrant View Post
    I sent my machine in for repair going on 2 months now. I was told 2 weeks ago it was 3rd in line on the bench. Today I was told ,it is scheduled to be looked at. This process has been very smooth going up til now. What is the most concerning to me,is I purchased the machine 2 years ago,but have only used it less than 15 minutes. When I needed to use it, it stopped working ,and now it's been nearly 2 months and still have no machine. I am thinking I should have spent the money and got a miller.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
    References:https://www.everlastgenerators.com/f...200DX-warranty!

Explainer Video Example
    It says very plainly in the "warranty" for all "Everlast" equipment, that the company has total control over repair/replace procedures, and there is nothing in the "warranty" requiring timely responses! You got what you paid for, and they may very well be waiting on a slow boat from from China!

Good time to remind all that if something works without gimmicks, you put your name on it; like Hobart, Miller, or Cummins. If it needs a gimmick, you name it something like Everlast, PowerStroke, or Duramax.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-03-2017 at 08:36 PM. Reason: forgot one of the Oxford commas

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Good time to remind all that if something works without gimmicks, you put your name on it; like Hobart, Miller or Cummins. If it needs a gimmick, you name it something like Everlast, PowerStroke, or Duramax.
    And Harbor Freight...

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
    And Harbor Freight...

Dale
    I would buy a welder at HF over Everest anytime.

Harbor Freight doesn't advertise anything glamorous about their products and you can buy the extended warranty.

Walk in and get a new replacement.

and after all the years i've been on these forums I haven't ready any nightmares about their welders.
    Ed Conley
    Screaming Broccoli, Inc
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
    TA185
    SO 2020 Bender
    Miller 125c Plasma
    "Hold my beer while I try this!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    So this was an Everlast machine? Am I the only one confused by the title and post?

Not only is the Miller worth it for reliability, but when something does go wrong, there are qualified repair centers throughout the country. Even when out of warranty, Miller guys at least know how to fix them and can get the parts.

That made me laugh. Replace "This process..." with "Their line of BS..."
    probably a typo- Neverlast has a 200DV and a 200ST
    Ed Conley
    Screaming Broccoli, Inc
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
    TA185
    SO 2020 Bender
    Miller 125c Plasma
    "Hold my beer while I try this!"

NO matter what 2 months wait time and third in line... It's a lot of BS...

You are being screwed by them... Look at all the down time its not working for you...Unacceptable..

Dale

Warranty ...

GDwHNV9.jpg

--- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
    -------------------------
    DialArc 250 (1974), Idealarc 250 (1971), SyncroWave 250 w/Coolmate 3, SP-175+, TA 161STL,
    Lincwelder AC180C (circa 1952), Victor & Smith's O/A, Dayton (Miller) spot welder, 1200 sq.ft. of garage filled with crap and a kid that can actually run the stuff +++

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    I would buy a welder at HF over Everest anytime.

Harbor Freight doesn't advertise anything glamorous about their products and you can buy the extended warranty.

Walk in and get a new replacement.

and after all the years i've been on these forums I haven't ready any nightmares about their welders.
    While many won't believe it, HF actually has a fairly rigorous testing program for the many Asian items it imports. Also HF's in-house brand, Chicago Electric, a wholly owned subsidiary, was a long standing (since the '20s) American producer of low-cost electrical goods (see ad below). As the computer industry has long ago proved, reliable electrical / electronic goods can be manufactured in Asian countries, as long as QC is well-maintained by the parent company. Lincoln, Esab, ITC, and many others, are now adopting this principle, since it has been proven by many of the companies they have taken over.

(Chicago Electric was once majority owned by E. L. Cord , the producer of the first American front-wheel drive car, and former president of Auburn).
    Attached Images Attached Images