Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

RC-300 successful Haas Kamp conversion

I converted my welder to single phase this past weekend and it works great!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4w...ew?usp=sharing

Excellent! I love it when someone can mod a machine like that.
    --- RJL ----------------------------------------------

Ordinarily I'm insane, but I have lucid moments when I'm merely stupid.
    -------------------------
    DialArc 250 (1974), Idealarc 250 (1971), SyncroWave 250 w/Coolmate 3, SP-175+, TA 161STL,
    Lincwelder AC180C (circa 1952), Victor & Smith's O/A, Dayton (Miller) spot welder, 1200 sq.ft. of garage filled with crap and a kid that can actually run the stuff +++

Quote Originally Posted by usmcpop View Post
    Excellent! I love it when someone can mod a machine like that.
    One of these sold recently (untested) for $221 CAD at auction in Langley BC, complete with feeder and all gear!

Wow, that was a heck of a deal. I really don't see anything that could go wrong inside one of these barring a direct lightning strike.

I got mine hooked up to my Cobramatic 150-003/Prince XL tonight and practiced welding some 1/4" 3003. I am very pleased with it. I think I will take the spoolgun off the Millermatic 251 tomorrow, I don't think I will be using it for welding aluminum much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerehauler View Post
    Wow, that was a heck of a deal. I really don't see anything that could go wrong inside one of these barring a direct lightning strike.

I got mine hooked up to my Cobramatic 150-003/Prince XL tonight and practiced welding some 1/4" 3003. I am very pleased with it. I think I will take the spoolgun off the Millermatic 251 tomorrow, I don't think I will be using it for welding aluminum much anymore.
    Any idea what the output amperage is, on single phase? As a non-electrician I don't know what advantages, or disadvantages this mod has over a phase-convertor, but it appears to be much cheaper in terms of cost.