Just a quick update.
Yesterday I ordered the axles, hanger brackets & hardware, 5 wheels (4 plus spare), and all the electrical lights, wiring & brake-away kit to complete the trailer. I spent some time recalculating and thinking which led me to purchase the 3500 lb Tor-Flex axles instead of the 4000 lb I was originally planning on.
The axles should be ready for pick up by the end of the month. I hope to be able to get back to work once the outside temps pick up here in the next month or so.
The items left to purchase before the trailer can be completed are:
- 3500 lb Warn winch ($400)
- aluminum sheet & latches for the tool box (approx $200)
- weight distribution hitch for truck ($250)
- tires (approx $400)
- metal blast the frame in preparation for paint ($300-500)
- good automotive paint job ($500 in materials) to be completed at the body shop where I work part time.
The parts I ordered yesterday were about $1000, so I still have some major expense to take care of, but my hope is to have the trailer completed before summer when my race season begins.
Where to Buy
Service & Support