Hi everyone, another FNG here with questions. I have purchased a HH 135 (220 volt is hard for me to get). I have not used it yet, but plan to practice soon.
1) I found this site on the web: www.wirepropellant.com It sells a system to modify your MIG welder and claims to feed aluminum wire as well as a spool gun. I was wondering if anyone has any input on the system. It sells for $195 which is a lot cheaper than a spool gun.
2) I see that the HH 135 has a setting for 1/8" aluminum, but not for 18 or 16 guage. I don't understand why it could not weld the thinner stuff.
3) I want to build a welding table, but it needs to fold up and tuck away in the garage so I want it light. I am thinking of using a fireproof floor backing (sort of like sheet rock, but made out of some kind of concrete deriviative). I understand that it will not work as a ground for me, but are there other reasons for using steel tops that I am not aware of?
4) I haven't been able to find a welding course here in Las Vegas, so it looks like I will be self taught for awhile. Anyone have advice on videos and books that I should check out?
5) Anyone know of a good welding supply store in Las Vegas that I should check out?
I'm sure that I will have a lot more questions when I start practicing my welds, but that is all I have for now. Thanks for your time.
Where to Buy
Service & Support