Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Cut Off Machines

Hi; Anyones experience's with the 12" or 14" cut off machines; Is 14" too big. heavy; to hold? looking at Dewalt; Bosch', or Milwawkee Cheapest at Mytoolstore 503$ Another thing Isee Bosh & dewalt can have a choice of rotation direction , Which would be best? My 9" angle grinders have always spun the sparks backwards and I think would pull into the metal better. Appreciate any comments. Joe,

Quote Originally Posted by joe millar View Post
    Hi; Anyones experience's with the 12" or 14" cut off machines; Is 14" too big. heavy; to hold? looking at Dewalt; Bosch', or Milwawkee Cheapest at Mytoolstore 503$ Another thing Isee Bosh & dewalt can have a choice of rotation direction , Which would be best? My 9" angle grinders have always spun the sparks backwards and I think would pull into the metal better. Appreciate any comments. Joe,
    are you talking a chop saw? or like a gaint circular saw? my boss has a slugger metal saw and has no problems with controlling it definatly use 2 hands a firm grip and clamp the metal down though
    Miller Trailblazer 251
    Lincoln Electric Pro-Core 125
    14''chop saw
    7 inch grinder,2-4.5 inch grinders,electric die grinder
    half inch drill
    And alot of hand tools

Joe

Go to Medfordpowertools.com and check out their Evolution metal saws. All of their stuff is outstanding, especially the manual benders!

Let us know what you decide on !

Shawn

Hi, Thanks for conection's I was thinking about the Milwakee 14" hand held grinder; wondered if that would be to much thrust to hold? Thanks Joe.

The big ones all improve wrist strength....... Don't ask how I know.....
    So little time...So many machine tools.........
    www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
    Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
    Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
    Harris OA
    Too many motorcycles.............-