Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Old Tig Welder

Old Tig Welder

Hello, My Name is oldskool426,
    and I'm new to this site. Thats about to change! I've gone and bought me a old Hobart AC/DC Welder That is equipt with TIG Model # ADI-264. It is an 1961 Year. She's real purdy and welds just fine. Well the questions I have pertain to Literature. I would like to get real lucky and find a operators manual or sales literature or parts manual,generally anything related to this fine gal. And if any one out there who might be still using one. any comments would be fine pros or con about my sanity to buy and use this old relic.thank you oldskool426

Old skool welcome to the forum. If you will look around on the site the info you need is available for free or a very modest cost. As far as sanity, nobody here is sane, we weld......So jump in, post up some pics of your stuff and have fun. As a side note, when you do have an issue, please include amps, gas type and flow, hi freq or not and how much, any settings that you made or adjusted, material thickness and composition. If you will include as much of that as possible then when you are in a jamb we can take that info and make better recomendations to help you get out of the mess. There is no such thing as a stupid question because we all started out somewhere, so do a search and then ask away if you need help.
    Bob
    Enough tools to do anything, common sense to use em properly.
    Big nasty scar, no kidneys, so you think you got issues?

Go to the Miller Welds site www.millerwelds.com and go to the sub heading 'literature'. There you'll find an e-mail address for Miller's literature department. Send them a message and they will, if they have the manual avaiable, send you a link to download a PDF file or quote you a price for the hardcopy. Miller and Hobart is owned by Illinois Tool and Miller handles all the outdated literature and manuals. They are very helpful and responsive,
    So little time...So many machine tools.........
    www.flipmeisters.com

Miller, Hobart & Lincoln TIG/MIG/-
    Hypertherm Plasma (Thanks Jim)
    Plasma-Cam DHC (coming shortly)
    Harris OA
    Too many motorcycles.............-

ADI 264 Welder

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool426 View Post
    Hello, My Name is oldskool426,
    and I'm new to this site. Thats about to change! I've gone and bought me a old Hobart AC/DC Welder That is equipt with TIG Model # ADI-264. It is an 1961 Year. She's real purdy and welds just fine. Well the questions I have pertain to Literature. I would like to get real lucky and find a operators manual or sales literature or parts manual,generally anything related to this fine gal. And if any one out there who might be still using one. any comments would be fine pros or con about my sanity to buy and use this old relic.thank you oldskool426
    Hi Oldskool

I'm new to the site and also have a recently acquired welder like yours. Like you, I'm also looking for any information available for it. I have written to Hobart and I'm still waiting for a reply, I'm just wondering if you were able to locate anything?

Any assist would be appreciated!

R/Jim

If you don't find it on line, try Arc Products in San Diego. They have manuals for a bunch of older welders.

http://www.arc-products.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Head View Post
    If you don't find it on line, try Arc Products in San Diego. They have manuals for a bunch of older welders.

http://www.arc-products.com/
    Thanks Pin Head! According to Hobart, ADI-264 manuals are not available from them, but I did find one for an ADI-364. Looks the same, but I would like to know the difference between them if possible.

Thanks again!

Welcome to the site, you will have fun here.....
    Some people require more attention than others.....Like a LOST DOG and strangers holding out biscuits....

Dynasty 350
    Hobart Beta Mig 200
    Twenty seven Hammers
    Three Crow Bars
    Two English Springer Dogs

A Big Rock

Quote Originally Posted by B_C View Post
    Welcome to the site, you will have fun here.....
    Thanks B_C , Looking forward to it all!!