Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Predator Welder

Predator Welder

Does any one have any knowledge of or experience with a Predator Welder? Been in the market for a used Miller Bobcat and discovered this Predator. I think it is a Firepower Predator.

Thanks!

predator

i beleive thermal dynamics made these welders, ive been around other people welding with them . they seem to be an alright machine.

"Your best best and cheapest bet is to locate a Thermal Arc Predator/predator pro, or a T-bird welder. As they happen to have pure sinewave auxillary generators running at 230, or 460 power. They were not too good of welders but the generator output was fantastic."

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=19702

Try contacting Cruizer over on the Miller site- he seems to be quite familiar with these machines.
    Ed Conley
    Screaming Broccoli, Inc
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Miller Passport Plus, Spoolmate 100
    TA185
    SO 2020 Bender
    Miller 125c Plasma
    "Hold my beer while I try this!"

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    "Your best best and cheapest bet is to locate a Thermal Arc Predator/predator pro, or a T-bird welder. As they happen to have pure sinewave auxillary generators running at 230, or 460 power. They were not too good of welders but the generator output was fantastic."

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=19702

Try contacting Cruizer over on the Miller site- he seems to be quite familiar with these machines.

Actually, the Predator is an alright, stone axe simple multiprocess welder. It is also an excellent genset with the ability to provide 10 Kilowatts of 460 volt 3 phase ac power.

It is no Trailblazer 302, but it provides a decent arc and can run self shielded flux core at 25 volts 100% duty cycle.

If the price is reasonable and it has been well maintained, it is a worthwhile investment.

My $.02

thanks

great info thank you guys.

cw

predator

i have a predator pro...they dont make them anymore but i just went through and cleaned mine up...the parts were easy to find and its a great machine...there are some things i cant do with it but aux. power i would put it up against a bobcat...but people need different things...just like any purchase dont only think about what you will use it for think about what you might need it for...good luck