Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Titan 8 Combo

Titan 8 Combo

I have a Titan 8 Combo with a 20-HP Kohler that I am fixing up. As the new owner, I discovered it had ingested a small screw via the air cleaner intake that took out the #2 piston. I washed the engine innards out with a bug sprayer filled with kerosene, installed new pistons, rings, good used jugs and heads, and a new carb and it runs like almost new. I also repaired the idle speed controller and installed a 12 volt mechanical relay to drive the idle solenoid so it wouldn't fail ever again. It runs great but now I am worried about replacing the alternator brushes should they ever go bad and I wonder just who actually made the alternator. Did Hobart make it or were they supplied by Onan...??? Also, I saw a Hobart Titan Welder decorated with stickers of the Warner Brothers Tasmanian Devil holding a welding rod and torch. Where can I get some of these stickers...?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice unit. I doubt Hobart made the alt. I bet they are common, probably google one right up.

brushes

Contact Miller electric for the brushes. Part # 408896 About $ 15 ea.
    O.F.

Thank You...!!!

Thank you about the info for the brushes...!!!
    DO you know what I can't get over...? The price of iron...? I bought a sturdy six foot piece of angle iron from Lowes and it cost twenty dollars. My dad and I used to haul this same stuff to the dump by the pickup truck load. A piece of sheet metal no bigger than 2x3 was over thirty dollars. I need to shop around for sure and I probably need to go back to dumpster diving again.