Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Blue Point Mb120

HI; just got this welder from a friend need to find a manual for it.
    also what pressure to run on gas.

The gas flow is measured in Cubic Feet per Hour (CFH). Good place to start is 15-20 CFH.

Can't help you with the manual, though.

Dave
    Still building my new old truck - see the progress!
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...-coe-idea.html
    http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=27017

Red (not lincoln) inverter TIG/Stick
    MM180
    SP125+

Go to Snap On. They sell the Blue point line...Oh, and lots of luck! Worst "Customer Service (you really couldn't classify it as that)" I ever encountered.
    "Good Enough Never Is"

mb120a

Well this isnt actually a reply, I just picked up a blue point mig110, MB120A and the instructions with it are not very informative. I have the tank and cart, but want to use flux core as well and havent worked with mig much, mostly tig in the past. my understanding is that you need reverse polarity for flux core and there seems to be no way to revers polarity in this model. any suggestions or information would help, thank you.

Get a picture, most machines can be reversed.

mb120a

The manual is very lacking, all i can see is the hot wire that goes to the gun, and the ground where it connects but it has shrink tape over it so it looks to be permanent. i cant seem to find any other information anywhere on this. i have never used flux so i do not know how much difference there is with polarity.

There is a difference, you need to change it for sure.

wiring

From looking at the inside, the wire from the gun is on one end and the wire from the ground is at another, though there might be enough to swap, my concern would be this is heavy guage wire and would eventually break from moving it back and forth, was wondering if anyone else has this model might know something i dont.

Unhappy Parts??

I have a MB120, and bought it from snaop-on. They no longer sell it, and i need parts, does anyone know where to find parts for this welder?

Can't really help you, but this is a good reason to buy big ticket items from the company who makes them instead of somebody who just puts their name on it so they can make a lot of money. In fact somebody (or was it somebodies) was here recently asking why they shouldn't buy a welder off a truck, and this was one of the reasons cited. I don't think they listened, though.

Did Google turn up anything at all?

Dave
    Still building my new old truck - see the progress!
    http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/65...-coe-idea.html
    http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=27017

Red (not lincoln) inverter TIG/Stick
    MM180
    SP125+

I have the data

Quote Originally Posted by lafonte2000 View Post
    I have a MB120, and bought it from snaop-on. They no longer sell it, and i need parts, does anyone know where to find parts for this welder?

I have the manual for the MB120 in PDF.. Its has a parts list page and who makes it.

Send me an email asking for the manual at kamcoautomotive@yahoo.com and I will send it to anyone who wants it, if you first put $10 into my paypal account.
    My paypal account is kamcoautomotive@yahoo.com

BTW: It can NOT be used with flux core wire. Polarity is not reversible.
    If you try to reverse it, the feed trigger does not work properly. But the manual does give all the various type of wires and gas setting for type of metal and thicknesses.

Joe
    Last edited by kamcoautomotive; 08-19-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: needed to

blue point welder mb 120

Quote Originally Posted by KEI8MAS View Post
    HI; just got this welder from a friend need to find a manual for it.
    also what pressure to run on gas.
    you can get blue point info. and parts from star hydraulic and tool service located in Houston, tex. 1-800-925-7147 or (713) 681-4105. talk to Dennis if you can.