Hobart Welders
Home » Weld Talk
Weld Talk Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    enlpck is offline teacher student weldicatr
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    the Parker rep posted somewhere ('tho not here, i checked) that an amatuer machinist could save bux by making their own consumables (tips & electrodes), "they're only copper" i believe were the words he used.
    I'd love to have seen what that generated in response. If this is a reasonable paraphrase, then the rep demonstrated a total lack of knowledge of how the process works and how the consumables are made. Not a job for an amateur (if you want them to actually work), unless a very, very skilled amateur, and not 'just copper'-- the electrode (usually) has a hafnium nubbin (<-- technical term that shows I have an engineering degree), though there are a few that don't. The geometry IS critical in either case, as anyone trying discount/off brand consumables has learned the hard way.
    I may not be good looking, but I make up for it with my dazzling lack of personality

i shall now wrack my brain, as it is a very reasonable paraphrase. of course it is an el cheapo machine, i can GUARANTEE if the electrode is "just copper", it's life is short, REAL short.
    Last edited by Pumpkinhead; 10-03-2007 at 04:36 PM.

Pumpkinhead, I like that name and tis the season is it not?

Grapple,
    let's be honest, so what!! it cut/pierced some 0.25, it's supposed to be a 40A machine, what's that video got to do with reliability issues.
    also i believe you are connected to the manufacturer somehow, correct? yes another shameless plug
    all those discount PAC's come from the same factory with different paint schemes.Do you really think that for a country the size of China there is only ONE factory that makes these? You're wrong! Try about 50!

as a note of interest:
    the Parker rep posted somewhere ('tho not here, i checked) that an amatuer machinist could save bux by making their own consumables (tips & electrodes), "they're only copper" i believe were the words he used.

i personally believe you get what you pay for, there are no real discounts in the plasma market.
    there is a company, name escapes me, that claims "made in the U.S.A." that has a 30A model for about the Parker price, wouldn't buy that one either, but that's me.

Do you really think that for a country the size of China there is only ONE factory that makes these? You're wrong! Try about 50!
    oh, O.K., my mistake, one company/50 factories, all producing the same junk with different color paint.
    like putting whipped cream on a turd.

oh, O.K., my mistake, one company/50 factories, all producing the same junk with different color paint.
    like putting whipped cream on a turd.
    Care to share the reasons behind your comment?

Quote Originally Posted by enlpck View Post
    I'd love to have seen what that generated in response. If this is a reasonable paraphrase
    well the smoke finally stopped issuing forth from my brain.

The consumables are always in stock... and besides... their so simple you could even make them on a cheap Harbor Freight lathe... just copper...
    more disinformation:
    the consumables are inexpensive on $17.75 for a 5 pack and they don't were out... they just get damaged by splatter-back. So... if one avoids splatter-back the tips don't get consumed... at least with this torch design.
    complete thread here:
    http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic...ARKER#pid31109

Quote Originally Posted by Grappletractor View Post
    Care to share the reasons behind your comment?
    What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?

Do Not

Warning,Dont call Parker at approx 4:30,thats when his chinese food gets delivered,I was ready to Invest and sell,and demo them,as he never knew about Plasma's,,TWICE,He hung up on me, So ,He's not selling Rilands, Im in Buisness,and also a rep,Use mine 8-16 hrs a day,all 3 the 2 plasma's and the 200 wse,,ask Larry,(Grapple) hes a square shoter also!!!!!!!!!

We dont fix tvs, so dont sell plasma's!!!!!!!!!!Larry,Any thing to Add,and we are friendly competers!!!!!!!!!,Jack

Quote Originally Posted by storts View Post
    Warning,Dont call Parker at approx 4:30,thats when his chinese food gets delivered,I was ready to Invest and sell,and demo them,as he never knew about Plasma's,,TWICE,He hung up on me, So ,He's not selling Rilands, Im in Buisness,and also a rep,Use mine 8-16 hrs a day,all 3 the 2 plasma's and the 200 wse,,ask Larry,(Grapple) hes a square shoter also!!!!!!!!!

We dont fix tvs, so dont sell plasma's!!!!!!!!!!Larry,Any thing to Add,and we are friendly competers!!!!!!!!!,Jack
    I better keep my mouth shut Jack, hehehheehe other than to say I helped another victim of ASIF900 today
    Hey did you get that lead?

I've always had excellent service with Thermal Dynamics. I even discussed the snap start system on the Cutmaster series with their engineering people. Very infomative and friendly folks. Easy to deal with people 300 miles away as opposed to halfway around the world. I have my second TD unit now, and like it as much as my first. I sold the Pakmaster 100XL because the new plasma table computers would not handle the HF start of the 100XL. The Cutmaster 101 with the snap start is just as nice. And the engineering people told me the cutmaster series was developed with CNC in mind.

Just as devil's advocate here, I bought a parker unit a while back and the first one smoked upon the first squeeze of the trigger. The parker person on the phone was courteous, apologetic, and got me a new unit in short order. They ate the shipping all the way around. The new unit works well all around but shines best on 220. Its only issue is it's a bit hard starting sometimes but if I recall that is a minor internal adjustment issue that I haven't bothered to deal with yet.

Yes, I am still alive.
    Miller Dimension 652 w/D-64 feeder
    Miller 135, 252, Bobcat 225
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Central Machinery 7x12
    Thermal Dynamics TrueCut 82
    ParkerMP 40amp DV
    Homebuilt CNC router

ramsond cut 40 d

I bought the ramsond model and its been great. I dont know whos copy or knockoff it is but it works awesome for me and has the 4 big capacitors in it. that was one of the things i was told to look for cause some of the real cheapies only have 2.
    Ramsond seems to be a company operated in the US and his ebay feedback is great. I am not trying to sell anything nor do i know him just my experience with the cheap plasma machine. Its good for me. i think it was like a$176.00 or something like that.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Grappletractor View Post
    I better keep my mouth shut Jack, hehehheehe other than to say I helped another victim of ASIF900 today
    Hey did you get that lead?
    Sure did,and a second order,,anouther close to 30,000#'s,and the shop,should be able to move in in a week or 2,,So beeen real busy,,and I love the Lead!!!!!!!!!

Hope things are going well with you and family,!!JackTrying to talk to punkin head,is like talking to a wall, dont wear your fingers off!!!!!!