Last night, about 11, I started welding my casters to my welding table. These were the standard 1000lb casters from Northern.
(I didn't know they were 1000lb, thought they were 400lb! Maybe a bit overengineered!)
Anyway, I think these casters are zinc plated. I finished up around midnight and went to bed around 3am. I was really thirsty yesterday and this morning. Woke up early this morning felt ok till about 1pm. Then I started feeling like I was getting the flu.
I went to Walgreens, got some vitamins and cold medicine, cause I thought I was getting the flu. (And I got the flu shot.) By the time I got home i really felt like crap. Hot, chills, sore joints and abdomen. A little bit of cough, not really any flem.
Went to bed and I was really hot. Woke up at 7pm, took my temp, 100.2 .I drank a bunch of water and just read the AWS fact sheet for metal fume fever. It says symptoms usually occur within 4 hours. This was more 10 or 11 hours. Anyone had a delayed onset this long?
I didn't lay that much bead and I thought I was really careful, not to breathe the fumes, but I know I got a few wiffs. My temp is down to 99.6. Anyone got any sure cures? I'm going to get some milk to drink.
If this is zinc poisoning, I'm definately going to invest in a mask, it didn't take much at all.
Where to Buy
Service & Support