PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Hobart Welder/Generator - 1950's

BGreenb442
10-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Hobart portable welder/generator from the 1950’s (I think). My Dad purchased this unit either new or fairly new, fabricated the heavy-duty tricycle cart, and operated the welder/generator coupled to a 1940’s vintage Willy’s (Jeep) flathead 4-cylinder engine. The Willy's engine was subsequently removed and sold separately, but the welder and cart are still ready to go. The price for the welder/generator and cart is $250 obo. Additionally, I have a Wisconsin 4-cylinder industrial engine (VE41, 90 cid) to sell, which puts out something in the low or mid 20-horsepower range. For a talented mechanic, that Wisconsin engine could be coupled up to this Hobart welder/generator and you’d have a very nice portable welding/generating rig all ready to roll. The price for the Wisconsin engine is an additional $450 obo. Please contact my brother Steve at 330-658-2805 or via e-mail at sehennis@yahoo.com, or if you are interested in seeing the welder or need more photos, you can contact me at barbhere2@aol.com.

It's a really neat and interesting old vintage welder. I've had a few people mention that even if they never welded with it, it would make such an interesting addition to a workshop or even as vintage decor for a welder's "mancave" or den. In any case, I'd love for this to find a new home. As mentioned, it was one of my Dad's many, many machines, which after he passed away early this spring, me and my brother need to find homes for.