PDA

View Full Version : Head Gate/Squeeze Chute Plans

Kenny T
02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Anyone know where to get plans for a cattle Head Gate/Squeeze Chute? I'm a cheap sob and don't want to pay what the local farm supply stores charge.

Thanks

Kenny T

Jim-Tx
02-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Do you own a camera? Go take pics of a chute.

rdneckhntr
02-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Im actually in the process of building a headgate. There are a bunch of blueprints if you google beef plans and go to the North Dakota State University website. So far its going pretty good Ill post up pics when I get it finished.

So far I only have $280 for 2 of them(keeping one selling one). All I need are bolts and a spring.

szbar
02-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Rdnkhntr, which ones, specifically, are you working from? They have a ton of plans, most from wood it seems?

rdneckhntr
02-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Sorry its been so long ill look and check for you.

rdneckhntr
02-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Its number 6272 CATTLE HEADGATE, LEVER OPERATED, PIPEFRAME, WALK THROUGH. Im actually getting ready to finish drilling all of my holes...

calweld
02-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I built a headgate some thirty-odd years ago,,,,, rather than work off some plans,,,, I just went around in my local area,,, talked to the owners and the guys that used them,,,, figured out the good points and bad, of each version,,,,, came up with something, made a few modifications later,,,,, this is such an individual thing, depending on the type of cattle in your area, and the way you customarily work them,,,, I can't see how any "one-size-fits-all" setup will work for you.

You'd be surprised,,,,,, some of the local cowboys around,,,,, better engineers than you think. :cool: