PDA

View Full Version : Snap On FM-140A Manual

johnnyo
10-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Hello all, I'm a newbie & my first post.. I've just aquired a Snap On FM140A mig welder through a family estate.. I know nothing about it, because I've only done stick welding up till now.. I read that this was probably the best of the Snap On line.. BUT, I need a manual for it real bad, especially where it says comp, weld, spot, & stitch.. doesany one have a maual for this welder or know where I can down load one ?? Can any one elaborate on it &tell me what they mean ?? Can this welder be hooked up to gas??
thanks in advance,
John

Brianstick
10-07-2007, 10:12 PM
If it's a true mig welder it can be hooked up to gas. If it's a flux welder it can not.

johnnyo
10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks for your reply, I was told that it's a mig welder.. A manual would really help me if I could find one..

Brianstick
10-07-2007, 10:22 PM
You might have to call or e mail snap on for that.

Brianstick
10-07-2007, 10:25 PM
If it's a mig welder there should be a threaded hole on the back somewhere for a gas hose.

hankj
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
JohnnyO,

Go to buy1.snapon.com and look it up. It's a 140 amp, 120V GMAW machine that is priced at twice what it's worth!

Hank

johnnyo
10-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks , & you're right, way too much money for me for a home welder, but fortunately or maybe unfortunately I got mine for nuttin' from the estate.. so the price was right, but by visiting the site I did find out a regulator is available for this welder.. I didn't know if there was a threaded hole inback, as I didn't pick the welder up, just enquiring ahead of time to find out what I'm getting, & to see if it's worth the drive to go pick it up... but for free I guess it is..