PDA

View Full Version : Miller decals and paint?

401 Ironworker
05-16-2005, 07:29 PM
i'm refinishing the case on my XMT. anyone know where i can purchase miller decals and miller blue paint? Thanks, John

vavaroutsos
05-16-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure about the decals, but my local welding shop has Miller Blue paint in stock. The spray can of "new Miller blue" I got was a bit pricey and was not the best paint I have ever used. If you have a spray gun, you might want to have your local paint supplier mix a quart of some industrial enamal for you. If not, you might want to try the Rustoleum Royal Blue enamal in the professional series. It looks like it would be a pretty good match and the Rustoleum professional series enamal is pretty good for a spray can.

~petev

dda52
05-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Hey 401, been awhile since I've seen you post anything. When I repainted my Bobcat, I used Rustoleum Safety Blue. Much cheaper for me. It is close, but not perfect. The decals can be ordered through your Miller dealer. The "kit" will have all the decals for the machine that are still available. Here is the link to my Bobcat's thread. The paint #'s and pics are in there.OOps, forgot the link...here it is.http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/showthread.php?t=9169&page=2&pp=15&highlight=bobcat+rebuild

Here is a pic of the real deal and the Rust together.

dda52
05-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Don't ask me why that link won't work...here it is again. :rolleyes: http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/showthread.php?t=9169&highlight=bobcat+rebuild

taz
05-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks. I enjoyed reading through that thread again. Hope the Bobcat continues to work great. And how did the paint hold up? You were worried about it being too soft.

dda52
05-17-2005, 05:16 PM
taz
The paint has hardened up a tad. So far, it is holding up very well. The acid test will begin in a month or so. They are forcasting a very hot summer for us. The sun will be a major factor as to how it will hold up. As they say, time will tell.

I wish it was still running. Had an electrical short/meltdown/fire that still is bugging me. Can't find the short or what caused it. It doesn't seem to be a major thing, just an annoyance that is bugging the crap outta me. Haven't really had the time to tear it back down and get a good look either......Other than that it was running flawlessly for the first 25 hours. :rolleyes: They tested it at the welder doctor and said it was one of the best they had tested in quite awhile. Good and strong current production. I have put more hours on my MM210 than the Bobcat lately. At least it is quieter. :rolleyes:

401 Ironworker
05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
how ya doin don? i haven't been on the site for a while. but as soon as i had a question, i knew exactly where to go. thanks for the advice. i think i will go with the rustoleum. on a side note, last week i sent a resume to a company called zinsmayer mechanical. they are looking for a structural steel superintendant. they're located in castroville. have you ever heard of them? the wifey and i are dying to get the kids out of this cess pool called philadelphia and i used to live in austin, so texas was one of the places we were kicking around. any idea what castroville is like?

how has the dump truck business been?

john :D

dda52
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey John.
The dump business has had its ups and breakdowns. :( Some big ones too. :( Part of the biz I guess. I actually got my welding biz refired as well. Never woulda figured that would happen. Between concrete, trucks and welding, I have enough to keep me on the streets.

Castroville eh? Now Philly to there isn't a move I would expect. It is a sleepy little town west of San Antonio on Hwy 90. Not a bad place at all. Got a cool donut place there on 90 called Haby's. Good stuff. Good hunting there too. Where is their work? SA?? or out and about? Anything to do with Toyota? If you come down, shoot me a note.

I'll ask my dad about them when he gets back from his Alaskan cruise. He used to be a VP for one of the bigger GC's around here. Still has lots of connections. He is consulting now and is getting even more connections. Actually busier now that he retired than when he was working. :rolleyes: I think he missed the point a little. ;)

bob022061
05-19-2005, 12:59 AM
For the decals go to Miller or if you have the art work go to kinko's. As for the paint, Miller. Or have the car paint store mixs some up.

dda52
05-19-2005, 01:54 AM
Or have the car paint store mixs some up.

Still won't beat the price for the Rusto, but would match....better paint though.

Zrexxer
05-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Got a cool donut place there on 90 called Haby's.Haby's has some goooood kolaches too, if I recollect :D

dda52
05-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Haby's has some goooood kolaches too, if I recollect :D

OOF! How could I have forgotten them?? They are great....the best ones that I've had were from a little bakery in West, Tx. The town West, not the area. Haven't been there in man moons.

Bates
05-28-2005, 09:32 PM
I went to sherman williams the other day with a chip of paint off my miller..I tell u what they matched that up in a few minutes and it only cost me $7.49 for a quart..I thought that was a great deal :D

StanBo
06-08-2005, 09:14 PM
i'm refinishing the case on my XMT. anyone know where i can purchase miller decals and miller blue paint? Thanks, John

I sent you an email on the sticker.

-Stanley