PDA

View Full Version : PC 300 Replacement?

Desertwolf
04-05-2005, 02:30 PM
I recently purchased a 180SD under the impression I could buy a pulser for it. When I went to the dealer to order a PC300 we were shocked to find it has been discontinued :mad: Anyone here have a recomondation for a good addon unit that'll work with the 180SD?

Thanks in advance:
DW

deleteall
04-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Nope, but i've got one in good shape for sale. If you're interested, my e-mail is ew10706@yahoo.com.

Desertwolf
04-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Sent you an email.

Is this my only option?

Too_Many_Tools
04-06-2005, 02:25 AM
I recently purchased a 180SD under the impression I could buy a pulser for it. When I went to the dealer to order a PC300 we were shocked to find it has been discontinued :mad: Anyone here have a recomondation for a good addon unit that'll work with the 180SD?

Thanks in advance:
DW

Welcome to the club.

I too recently bought a Miller SD180 after checking with Miller to CONFIRM that the PC-300 pulser option would be AVAILABLE and verifying that Miller would CARRY them.

Obviously their word isn't worth a cent.

To heap insult to injury, check this out...

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/comparisons/syncrowave_180_sd.html

Yes that is right, they still advertise the SD180 as having pulse capability. :mad:

You may want to follow these threads....

http://www.millermotorsports.com/mboard/showthread.php?t=2719

http://www.millermotorsports.com/mboard/showthread.php?t=2547

Also realize that the PC-300 is not the only item Miller is discontinuing. I have requested but have not received the PLS list. Be prepared for more unpleasant surprises.

Unless Miller comes up with a PC-300 replacement and SOON, this user will be specifying Lincoln for future company purchases.

TMT

Desertwolf
04-06-2005, 02:34 AM
I have read those, I commented on them too days ago. Funny how Andy and Miller seem to be ignoring them. ( Hoping they'll go away? ) So back to my question: who makes a add on pulser unit?

Too_Many_Tools
04-06-2005, 07:32 PM
I have read those, I commented on them too days ago. Funny how Andy and Miller seem to be ignoring them. ( Hoping they'll go away? ) So back to my question: who makes a add on pulser unit?

I too noticed the sudden lack of interest in the subject.

The subject will not be going away...I have a real thing about companies leaving customers without support.

TMT

tailshaft56
04-07-2005, 10:38 PM
I put my 2 cents worth on the Miller board. The only reason I can see for this is they may be planning on adding a built-in pulser like the Lincoln. If this is so it was probably not deemed reasonable to do another production run on the pc 300.

Too_Many_Tools
04-07-2005, 11:43 PM
I put my 2 cents worth on the Miller board. The only reason I can see for this is they may be planning on adding a built-in pulser like the Lincoln. If this is so it was probably not deemed reasonable to do another production run on the pc 300.

They are planning a built in pulser...which has been motivated by Lincoln's offering.

TMT